Wow! 2016 has been a crazy year!!
I started this blog at the end of 2015 and had big plans.
First thing this year, I completed my first big project for the blog, Evernote planner tutorial and templates that I offer my readers for free.
I had plans to create a video series of Crochet Tutorials. Unfortunately, that project didn’t happen in 2016 but I’m hoping to do it this year.
In mid-January I ended up unexpectedly flying from Germany to Texas for a family emergency. The trip took a lot out of me and I struggled most of the year to get back on track.
Unfortunately, a couple months after that trip, blogging ended up taking a back burner and I disappeared for 7 months.
I had many commitments that began in the fall of 2015 and continued through the end of this year. While I loved the projects and roles I held, I learned a few important lessons:
- Pushing myself by taking on many different roles and projects left me with no reserves, so when I was mentally, emotionally, and physically taxed by the unexpected I crashed. Always leave margin in your time, energy, and emotions to allow for the unexpected.
- When you are known to volunteer for things and known to pull them off well other people will not step up and take the responsibility until you leave them with no choice. This is both flattering and frustrating!
- Setting limits is very important.
During my blogging hiatus, several major things happened in our lives. I found out I was expecting Baby #5 and we got orders to move to Kansas. Our summer and fall were filled with planning for these events.
I jumped back into blogging in October with lots of plans for this coming year!
Looking back, my TOP 5 posts from 2016:
- A house, An Acre, and BIG PLANS!
- Goodbye Germany, Hello Kansas!!
- Bible Art Journaling
- Setting Up An Evernote Planner
- 2017 Monthly Book Discussion – A Life Giving Home
Projects and series starting in January:
- Read and Journal Through the Bible in One Year
- Monthly Operation Christmas Child Tips
- Monthly Book Discussion – A Life Giving Home
My other favorite posts from 2016:
- Sleep, Desperation, and God
- Cute DIY Tea Wreath
- Three New Ideas for Bible Journaling
- A Different Kind of 2 for 1 Deal!
- Social Media Checklist for Bloggers – FREE!
How did your year go? Look for my upcoming plans and goals for 2017 next week!
This post is part of the Homeschool Review Crew 2016 Review roundup click the picture below to see other participants!