I am reading and journaling chronologically through the Bible in 2017. Each Sunday I will post one of my journaling pages and thoughts from that week’s reading. I will also have a linky for anyone who would like to participate to share how their Bible reading and journaling is going!
This was a crazy busy week (I’m beginning to wonder if there is any other kind)! So I got way behind on the reading but I’m catching up and plan to start Monday back on track. I’m in Deuteronomy now and the Israelites are preparing to invade the Holy Land. Moses is reviewing all of the laws and sacrifices and everything that the Israelites are expected to do to remain Holy and set apart for God. Especially as they begin to move into an area inhabited by people groups who worship other gods. Much of this is review and a bit tedious but it is a good reminder that we can’t be holy on our own. We need God and we need the sacrifice Jesus made!
This page seemed appropriate for this week since all of the reading was about what the Israelites need to do to be holy as they enter the promised land. I don’t really love the drawing but it was simple on this insanely busy week and fit the theme of the reading well. I used my watercolor pencils and then used gel pens and micron pens for outlining. I used an oil pastel to shade the blue in around the letters.
What I used for this entry:
Last week we had some great linkers!
And we had a BRAND NEW linker join and share DIY paper clip bookmarks which are PERFECT for using in Bible Journaling.
Are you reading and/or journaling through the Bible this year? OR do you have a blog post about Bible journaling? Join my link up by linking up your post about reading through the Bible in 2017 or any post about Bible journaling.
- Link up ONE post from your blog relating to reading through the Bible in a Year OR Bible Journaling in general.
- Please do not link a post you have previously linked in the Journaling Through The Bible linkup.
- If you link up you are giving me permission to use an image from your post in next week’s linkup post if I choose to feature your entry.
- Please copy and paste the linkup button code in your blog post or sidebar so others know about this linkup.
- Please visit other’s posts!
Peabea Scribble Pad