I am reading and journaling chronologically through the Bible in 2017. Each Sunday I will post one of my journaling pages and thoughts from that week’s reading. I will also have a linky for anyone who would like to participate to share how their Bible reading and journaling is going!
This week I got to the crucifixion. I always feel like I need to read through these passages slowly and really let it all sink in. The magnitude of the suffering, injustice, and incredible love shown in these passages deserve much more than a quick skim.
I’m sure nearly everyone has this verse memorized! There is a lot of meaning packed into a few words if you really think about it. I tried my hand at carrying the color across the entire page but I don’t know if I’m thrilled with how it turned out. In reality, there is yellow all across the page but it looks like just rays in the picture. I used my gelatos for that but am thinking perhaps the pastels would have given more of the effect I was going for.
What I used for this entry:
Are you reading and/or journaling through the Bible this year? OR do you have a blog post about Bible journaling? Join my link up by linking up your post about reading through the Bible in 2017 or any post about Bible journaling.
- Link up ONE post from your blog relating to reading through the Bible in a Year OR Bible Journaling in general.
- Please do not link a post you have previously linked in the Journaling Through The Bible linkup.
- If you link up you are giving me permission to use an image from your post in next week’s linkup post if I choose to feature your entry.
- Please copy and paste the linkup button code in your blog post or sidebar so others know about this linkup.
- Please visit other’s posts!
I don’t have much news this week. We have spent a good bit of time just readjusting to family life with hubby home. We did expand our chicken yard and found all of my bees had died. We think the queen abandoned the hive, it was quite odd. I guess I’ll try bees again next year. I have been doing a lot of thinking and praying about my goals and plans for next year. I have some ideas for this blog that I will be sharing over the next several weeks. I plan to continue this Journaling Through The Bible series next year and I’m looking into adding a more interactive component to it.